Talk:Elliptic Curve Cryptography
Source Code Highlighting
I messed around with the sample code and came up with some basic highlighting that I thought made the code easier to read. This is a sample of what I would be changing the sample code to:
#include <openssl/obj_mac.h> #include <openssl/ec.h> /* Other things up here... */ EC_GROUP *curve; if(NULL == (curve = EC_GROUP_new_by_curve_name(NID_secp224r1))) handleErrors();
I have no strong feelings towards the specific colors, I just picked something I thought was simple and clean. By all means if you have a suggestion regarding the theme I'm all ears. As I said, the point of this change is to make the code easier to read, and since I know theme selection and taste are pretty arbitrary and some people might prefer the code as it is, I thought it best to leave the sample code on live as it was for now.
- I believe mediawiki has colorizers to do that; see Syntax highlighting extensions. Maybe you can ping Richard and ask him to install one.
- If there is a pain point, it will likely be CentOS. Red Hat provides ancient software (even with SCL enabled) so OpenSSL mediawiki software is old. You may have a hard time finding an acceptable extension because mediawiki is too old.
- Jwalton (talk) 03:24, 29 July 2019 (UTC)
- I was wondering about that, actually. I did see there were extensions for this, but I wasn't sure whom to ask so I was about to send Matt an email to ask if he could point me in the
- right direction. I'll send Richard an email and see what he says. Thanks for the heads up.
- Jflopezfernandez (talk) 03:37, 29 July 2019 (UTC)