Revision as of 13:48, 23 March 2013 by Philippe lhardy (+ link on Command_Line_Utilities)
OpenSsl is used in many places but not always for same purpose and not always fully.
With OpenSsl You can:
- Use openssl as a command line tool to create/handle certificates related files. Command_Line_Utilities openssl commands
- Develop programs needing cryptographic functions, then use openssl library libcrypto.
- Develop programs needing SSL/TLS communication, then use openssl library libssl.
- Extend openssl to cover new cryptographic methods or new security protocols.
- Use openssl to use new SSL/TLS protocols not yet deployed in your environment ( openssl s_server, openssl s_client ).