From OpenSSLWikiJump to navigationJump to search
OpenSSL is a versatile tool that can be used for many purposes.
- A command line application to perform a wide variety of cryptography tasks, such as creating and handling certificates and related files. OpenSSL commands
- A comprehensive and extensive cryptographic library libcrypto.
- A library for enabling SSL/TLS communications libssl to provide SSL and TLS Protocols support within clients or servers applications.
Example uses of the OpenSSL command line tool include:
- Creating and handling certificates and related files. openssl commands. A beginners introduction to certificates is on the Certificate Lifecycle page.
- Testing of SSL/TLS protocols (openssl s_server, openssl s_client).