Welcome to the OpenSSL Wiki
This wiki is under construction as we figure out what works and what doesn't. Please see the basic rules which are summarized here:
This wiki is intended for the OpenSSL community. There are a few minor restrictions so we don't have to fool with capchas and constantly monitor for spam, defacements, and vandalism. The essence of the restrictions are:
- Everyone can read content
- Registered users can add or edit content
We encourage your participation and hope you will add pages and improve existing pages. If you want to add or edit content you should register for an account by clicking Create Account in the upper right hand corner of the page.
We hope to have multiple administrators. Those who have an interest may request admission to the Administrator or Bureaucrat groups.
We would like the content to be as accessible and usable as possible. All contributions must be made available under the current OpenSSL licence (and any future OpenSSL license) as described on the License page. We understand existing OpenSSL subject matter from other sources will inevitably appear here. Please respect copyright restrictions, and only place material here if it is already under the OpenSSL license or if you are the copyright holder and release it under the current and future OpenSSL license, or it is currently in the public domain.
It remains to be seen how this will work out. If you think your contributions have been blocked or modified inappropriately it was probably done by accident; please contact Steve Marquess, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 301-874-2571.
Placeholder for a main Table of Contents
Some initial thoughts on categories:
- Compilation and Installation Category:Compilation Category:Installation
- libcrypto API: Functions for performing primitive cryptographic operations Category:crypto API Category:C level
- libssl API: Functions for performing SSL/TLS operations Category:ssl API Category:SSL/TLS Category:C level
- Command Line Utilities Category:Shell level
- Internals Category:Internals
- Examples Category:Examples
- FIPS 140-2 Category:FIPS 140 Category:Cryptography
- License Category:Legal
- Related Links Category:Related Links