Welcome to the OpenSSL Wiki
Under construction as we figure out what works and what doesn't. Please see the basic rules which are summarized here:
This wiki is intended for open participation by the user community, with only enough restrictions so we don't have to fool with capchas and constantly monitor for spam and vandalism. So while we may not have implemented it quite right, the intent is that:
- Anyone can read anything
- To edit content you must register with an E-mail address and be given edit privileges by any sysop.
At least for now anyone who wants to edit content and/or handle sysop duties is welcome; we want your participation and are not asking for any qualifications, references, etc. other than an interest in the subject matter. We hope and expect to have multiple "sysops" (administrators).
We would like the content to be as widely usable as possible, which means public domain. However, existing OpenSSL materials will inevitably appear here so we ask that all original content be in the public domain and all existing content that is copied here be in the public domain or under the OpenSSL license.
It remains to be seen how this will work out. If you think your contributions have been blocked or modified inappropriately it was probably done by accident; please contact Steve Marquess, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 301-874-2571.
Placeholder for a main Table of Contents
Some initial thoughts on categories:
- Compilation and Installation Category:Compilation Category:Installation
- libcrypto API: Functions for performing primitive cryptographic operations Category:crypto API Category:C level
- libssl API: Functions for performing SSL/TLS operations Category:ssl API Category:SSL/TLS Category:C level
- Command Line Utilities Category:Shell level
- Internals Category:Internals
- Examples Category:Examples
- FIPS 140-2 Category:FIPS 140 Category:Cryptography
- License Category:Legal
- Related Links Category:Related Links